September 22, 2011

Weekend Get-a-way: Chicago September 2011

This past weekend, a few family and friends of mine met up in Chicago to hang out for a couple of  days. The weekend pretty much consisted of eating, walking, eating, site-seeing, eating, singing, shopping, and more eating. Chicago is delicious!

I didn't capture much of the trip, but below are bits and pieces of what I did:


 
First stop, Hai Yen Restaurant. My bowl of yummy bun thit nuong. Then Yosi's for drinks and Sing Sing Karaoke for some singing...we love to karaoke.

   
Saturday Brunch a t Sun Wah BBQ. Peking duck cut table side =) So good!

   

 Shedd Aquarium: 
 

Scarry eyes!



 
With my cousin Tru, reunited after years! 

   
Silly fishies :o

   
Seal up close.  Cute!

 
 Jellies!  Pretty huh?

 

Hue and I =)

Big beautiful city...definitely not for this small town gal.

 
Ran into Marilyn Monroe shopping on the Magnificent Mile.

 


 
First time trying the famous Pinkberry. Not crazy about it, I like SweetEarth better  =)

The remainder of the weekend consisted of dinner at Chi Cafe - Deep fried intestines - Yum! Sakura for more Karaoke.  Pho Viet for lunch on Sunday and snacks and coffee at Nhu Lan Bakery. 

Weekend spent to family, good friends, delicious food, and karaoke = Great Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I've missed your posts! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to be better with the updates now =)

    ReplyDelete