December 26, 2009

Out and About

I should really make it a habit of posting more frequently. Wait too long and there's too much content. I'll try my best to organize the last couple week's events and dishes in a couple posts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY OLDER SISTER PHUONG!

Last Saturday, Phuong made LOTS of Steamed Buns(Banh Bao)

So many!

A sweet bun filled with savory pork meat mixture, chinese sausage (lap xuong), and half a boiled egg.

On Sunday I had dinner with Phuong, Lisa, and Kimmie at our favorite Thai restaurant, Sala Thai. The food is always delicious, the service is great, and I just love the oriental atmosphere. There are 3 locations here in Michigan, but I've only been to the one in Sterling Heights since its closer to home. The other two are located in Detroit, one at Eastern Market and the other on Lafayette. Check out the website for the menu, awards, and info on all 3.

For appetizers, we had Chicken Wings and Spring Rolls.

Lisa had Chicken Pad Thai (one of my favorites)

I ordered the Seafood Curry

Phuong had the Pad Cashew

Kimmie had Pad See-ew if I remember correctly. We also order Chicken Fried Rice to go for the brothers. The fried rice is sooo good!

On Monday, Hanh and I went to see the Jersey Boys show at the Fisher Theater. When I saw the commercial back in June or July I had to make sure I bought tickets. Not only was I fascinated by the rags to riches story of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, but I fell in love with the familiar songs.

A Medley of Sherry, Walk Like a Man, and Big Girls Don't Cry by Jersey Boys' London cast.

Other great favorites:
Begging
Oh, What A Night
My Eyes Adore You (Beautiful song!)
Fallen Angel
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Rag Doll

We headed out a little early to get dinner before the show. After getting lost for about 30 or so minutes (due to my awesome sense of direction), we finally settled with The Majestic Cafe. We just ordered a few dishes and shared.

The restaurant was darker than most and light came from the candles at the tables.

Potato Chips and Fried Cheese Raviolis for appetizers

Chicken Carbonara with Basil Fettucini. This was good, especially because of the prosciutto.

Grill Greek-Style Pizza. My first time having Humous and I didn't like it too much. The pizza itself wasn't bad though.





1 comment:

  1. Umm... send me some banh bao! I'm serious. Lol. I want I want!! =) P.S. I loooove humus. You didn't like it? You have to eat it with some good demascus bread or fluffy pita. Man, all those banh bao... droooooooooool.

    ReplyDelete