December 3, 2009

Lemongrass Caramelized Chicken | Ga Kho Xa

Another movie date with the sister today. We watched "The Blind Side" and I really really liked it. A sweet yet sad movie that made me laugh, smile, and cry. Sandra Bullock was great and beautiful as always. If you have yet to see it, add it to your To do list.


Tried mixing Raisinettes with popcorn. It was okay, but I prefer to eat the two separately. For a savory-sweet flavor, I'd go with chips & cake or pancakes & sausage.

Making Ga Kho Xa:


Par-boil chicken wings and rinse off residue.


Minced garlic, minced lemongrass, and sliced yellow onion.


Put chicken wings into pot and season with salt, hot pepper flakes, oyster sauce, sugar, chili paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, onions, and lemongrass.


Mix well,cover, and braise over low heat. The chicken will give off liquid, but add water if needed.


Serve with rice.



4 comments:

  1. I love your food blog O Le!I wanna follow but no link =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim Huong! I need to work on formatting. hehe I followed you by editing the reading list on the dashboard page, yours might be different so I added a follow link =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Le, the Ga Kho Xa its better if you strip the meat from the bone! Trust me! Next time make it with thighs though, the wings and legs lack flavor. Thigh meat is always best. Cut the thigh meat into strips and do what you did. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always wanna de-bone something! hehe I agree. I like the thigh and drumstick - dark meat lover =) I think I've used it before, but can't recall - will try it next time. Cut up large drumsticks work well too.

    ReplyDelete