November 8, 2010

Mussels Baked in a Dynamite Sauce

I mentioned before in a previous post that my first time ever eating this dish was during my visit to Florida in September 2009. My niece, Mai, made it one night and it was really good. A little too spicy for me, but still good. Mai, if you're reading this, thanks for introducing this dish to me!

Not sure why I haven't posted this yet, after all the times I've made it. Lien visited this weekend and wanted to try it, so here is the latest batch and the one I like the most of all the ones I've made.



Defrost and clean a box of frozen cooked mussels on the half shell. Checking for and removing any beards.


After you clean them, flip them over into a colander/draining basket and let drain for about 5 minutes.


Meantime, prep: minced garlic, finely chopped shallots, and finely chopped imitation crab meat.




Remove the mussels from the shells.


Cut the mussels into small pieces.


Add: Kewpie Mayo, Sriracha hot sauce, the garlic, shallots, and imitation crab meat. Season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.


Line a cookie sheet/baking dish with aluminum foil. Fill the half shells with the mussel-mayo mixture and place it on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 until bubbly (15 Minutes) and then broil low for another 2 minutes.


Serve. Makes a great party dish!

8 comments:

  1. heylo lele! where can i find kewpie mayo? im tempted to try mai linda recipe! it loook sooo good...im droooling hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The korean/japanese markets usually carry them. I think Mai uses regular mayo...but I can't remember hehe but I like kewpie. You can probably order them online too. Thanks Nunu! Hope all is well in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you take pictures of the food without it looking so gross?? haha i tried..but it doesnt turn out too well!!! im looking back at all of your blog and each one of them, you make your food look so delicious! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. silly question Hangs! The trick is to take lots of pics and at different angles and looking like a crazy food paparazzi while doing it! hahah One pictures will always look better than the other...plus I have a secret spot in the kitchen that has the perfect light for a flash. =) I also do a little editing in picasa, darnit, I just gave away my secret to making not so tasty food look deceiving! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah le! we have bad lighting here at the apt. maybe i should take pictures at home...we have better lighting. i shall try editing it.haha well adjust the brightness and contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a dark plate or corner of a kitchen is good because your cam will auto flash if it's on. Most of the pictures on my blog are taken with flash. =)Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete