November 5, 2010

Halloween Weekend Get-a-way: Chicago & Around.

Compared to my first trip to Chicago, the second time around was much more pleasant.

Dinner at Mapo Restaurant in Naperville. A cute little restaurant serving authentic chinese food; you could smell the aroma from the outside walking in.



Beef Rolls


Braised Pork Belly

Combination Rice Noodles

Dessert at H-Mart


Bingsoo! The first time I've ever heard of this Korean dessert dish and I loved it. Shaved ice topped with assorted fresh fruits, fruit cocktail, mochi, milk, red bean, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and chocolate syrup.

Scenery from Chicago Botanical Garden: Beautiful and Tranquil. Can't imagine how beautiful it must be in the spring and summer.






Waterfall Garden


Island of Everlasting Happiness


Arched Bridge


Other side of Island of Everlasting Happiness


Dry/Zen Garden

A few from the Bonsai Collection (my dream garden will have bonsai trees)







From the Greenhouses







Need more get-a-ways. Felt nice to take time off work and relax.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time on your getaway. The Korean dessert looks so good, my mouth is watering! All the food looks so delish, I need to go back to Chicago and visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time. When are you going to visit detroit?? hehe Miss karaoke nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Papingsu!! Where is that Garden? Man, I want to go to Chicago now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn I never seen this post. I am not your most dedicated reader now!

    WHAT A NICE TRIP TO CHICAGO YOU MUST'VE HAD. =D

    ReplyDelete