October 21, 2010

Out of the Box: German Chocolate Cupcakes Topped with Cream Cheese Frosting and Toasted Coconuts

I don't know why, but for the past week or so, I've been having some strange cravings for sweet foods. Late night 7-11 run for donuts, baking brownies and cupcakes after dinner, going for deserts and ice cream, taking a break from work to go to Panera Bread for a pecan braid... I know, not good. Not good at all. Good thing I've cut the coffee intake(though I cheated yesterday).

Not too mention the influence of Dori's cupcake obsession lately. A few nights ago, I decided to bake. If you know me, Lele don't bake unless a savory dish requires it. So with the help of my friend, Betty Crocker, I created these decadents.


Cupcakes from Betty's Super Moist German Chocolate Cake Mix


Toasted coconut. Just line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, add a thin layer of sweet shredded coconut, and bake for a few minutes in the oven. Such a wonderful scent. The The house smelled so good. Coconut is one of my favorite flavors - heart Almond Joys and Samoa Girl Scout cookies! Too bad Starbucks discontinued the Coconut Frap =(


Topped the cupcakes with Betty's whipped cream cheese frosting and some of the toasted coconut. Enjoy!

Light fluffy cupcake, creamy-not-overly-sweet frosting, and crunchy coconuts...Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment