March 3, 2010

Fish Spring Rolls | Goi Cuon Ca

Feels good to come home and someone has already cooked dinner! Came home the other day, opened the door to the house, smelled something delicious cooking and breathed a sigh of relief. I was tired and not in much of a mood to cook, but ended up making a dish anyway. Big brother was firing up a pot of Ca Kho To. I'm guessing after my attempt, he'd show me he could do better.


If only you could take a whiff of this stuff =)

Last night we made spring rolls:


Prepare mix of lettuce and herbs, I used green leaf lettuce, mint, and cilantro


Small vermicelli noodles


Meat from boiled mackerels, take the time to carefully remove small bones


Roll up lettuce, herbs, noodles, and fish in a rice paper


Serve with a dipping sauce (garlic, fish sauce, chopped chilies, lime juice, and a little water)

5 comments:

  1. it is wonderful to have that! unfortunately i'm the only one that cook.
    Nice meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must've taken forever to take the bones out of the mackerel. I wouldn't mind just eating it alone because you can eat it and take the bones out of your mouth! Hehehe. But to put it in the goi cuon is too much work. Heheh. But I'm sure it was worth it! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, tell Cuong to make me some ca kho to! Hehe. I wanna learn how to make that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is 3HT!
    Julie, didn't take too long.. maybe 20 minutes for 5 fishies. hehe We don't really make Ca kho to at home and u know I've never had the one from the restaurant? Cuong said I was missing out.

    ReplyDelete