August 8, 2010

Potluck 8.7.10

I held a potluck last night with a few family and friends. I'm glad most of everyone could make it and for those who couldn't, hopefully we can hold another sometime soon.

The Contributions:



Brother: Beef Green Bean and Snow Peas Stir-fry




Nga: Thai Fried Rice (2 Versions: Tofu & House) & Eggrolls


Phuong: Gumbo (3 versions: Seafood, Meat, & Seafood/Meat)


Julie: Clear Dumplings//Banh Bot Loc (2 Versions: Vegetarian & Meat/Shrimp)


Lisa: Thai Papaya Salad


Me: Vietnamese Beef Stew//Thit Bo Kho


Hoa: Scallion & Shallot Butter Baked Mussels


Van Sisters: Sweet Dream Individual Pastries


There was so much food and everything was delicious. We finished the night off with some karaoke. Julie and Jennifer - you gals are a singing force to be reckoned with. Thanks everyone who came and big thanks to the sibs for your help!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know. My singing is the BOMB! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need to add last names haha Lets sing more viet songs =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Đã khuya rồi vẫn ngồi đếm sao!! Ok, now i can guess ur nationality. That's practically the national anthem over here!!! cầu vồng khuyết will always remind me of Việt Nam- as will bò kho and these other tasty dishes. I'll bring hến xào next time!! haha.

    ReplyDelete