August 1, 2010

Watermelon with Chili Pepper Salt / Dua Hau Cham Muoi Ot

Cold, crisp watermelon tastes good all on it's own and I never thought about eating it any other way until a few years ago. I saw an Aunt eat watermelon with chili peppers and salt and thought "why would someone ruin a good piece of watermelon with salt and pepper?!?!". I tried it myself and it didn't taste too bad. Pretty good actually. The salt made the watermelon sweeter and the chili gave it a little kick. I guess it was one of those Savory Sweet affects again (always a fan of the flavor combo).


Cut up a chili pepper.


Add salt


With a pestle, smash the chili and salt together into a paste


Dip watermelon in the chili salt and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Gross, dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there you go again, always hatin'! But you are #1 commenter/reader. Have you ever tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I never have. But I doubt I ever would cuz you know I don't eat spicy! Hehe. I'm not a true Viet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't eat that spicy, but I can tolerate it.

    ReplyDelete