September 4, 2010

Fried Fish w/ Fish Sauce for Dipping | Ca Chien Cham Nuoc Mam

Here I go again with another easy dish! Haven't had this in a while. I'm using Tilapia, but if I had one, I'd got with the Pomfret.



Scale and gut the fish (Tilapia is pretty easy compared to some other fishes!). Score the skins of both sides. Pat dried with paper towel and season both sides lightly with a little bit of salt.


Heat a pan with oil on Medium High heat.


When the oil is hot, slide in the fish. Let one side fry for about 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.


Flip the fish to fry the other side, another 5 minutes or until gold brown. I then flip it again to give the first side a quick fry before removing it onto a plate lined with paper towels.


Serve with rice and a spicy fish sauce for dipping (crushed garlic, cut up thai bird chili peppers, fish sauce, and lime juice)

No comments:

Post a Comment