January 7, 2010

5! 4! 3! 2 ! 1! Happy New Year!

Rang in 2010 with some wonderful people on new years eve. The night was fun but traffic was a pain.

I have a tinkling of feeling, it will be a good year.


The Gals Cr. Kimmy


Cheers! Cr. Kimmy

On new years day, we met up with the nieces and nephews at Tokyo Sushi and Seoul BBQ. This is my favorite sushi spot. I'm not a big fan of sushi, but this place has THEE BEST salad ever!! Everyone had the miso soup and ginger salad, we ordered a few rolls (including the very popular YumYum), gyouzas, ton katsu, and 3 orders of the Tokyo Salad.


Classic iceberg salad, raw tuna, Japanese egg, and masago smothered in an AMAZING dressing.

My attempt to recreate the sauce was a complete failure. When Cuong asked the waitress what was in it - she said it was her mom's secret recipe! Bummer.

After eating, we went to their place for another night of Karaoke fun!

Ended the weekend by attending the Shen Yun Performing Arts show at the Detroit Opera House.



The performances took the audience on a journey into China's history (Ancient time and Modern day) through classical dance and song. The orchestra was great, must admit though - I almost dozed off to the soft music. I stayed awake just so I didn't miss any of the performances. I really liked the female dances - especially the Handkerchief dance. The way the dancers twirled the handkerchiefs in their hand reminded me of a chef tossing a pizza dough. Amazed I was. heh

Books: My coworker lent me the 3rd installment to the Twilight Saga (The Eclipse). I don't know how people read it. I'm trying to get to the point where it's really interesting... where it's so good that the pages will turn on it's own, but I can't seem to get there. I've had the book for about three weeks now and I don't even think I'm a fifth ways through.

Movies: If you haven't yet, watch Avatar - one of my favorite movies of 2009!

Music: Getting into the spirit a little early. Listening to Nhac Xuan. New Playlist.

2 comments: