February 17, 2010

Beef & Shrimp Pan Fried in Butter | Bo Tom Chien Bo

I usually don't like eating alone and very rarely do I have to cook for just myself. When the folks don't come home and many of the sibling are out and about, we usually do not cook dinner. We'll just rummage through the pantry or fridge and grab whatever. One night last week when I was home alone and hungry - I made dinner for one, but prepared enough for the whole family just incase.



One of the dishes for our Tat Nien (Pre-New Year Celebration)was mussels baked in a scallion and sambal butter. I found some left over butter in the fridge and decided to pan fry some beef and shrimp in the butter.


Prepare thinly sliced beef


Prepare peeled and deveined shrimp


Throw a heaping spoonful of the scallion and sambal butter into a grill pan.


Cook the meats to your desired doneness. I like a nice browning. Serve with vermicelli rice noodles, mix of lettuce and herbs, and fish sauce. I prepared everything and who ever wants to eat just has to cook up their meat. Mmm!


It's pretty much a small scale version of Hot Pot w/ Butter.

Changed the music playlist. I think I've heard enough new years music to last me the whole year.

7 comments:

  1. Will you send me some songs? Lol. I miss Viet music... good Viet music. Classics, new ones, whatever. You have good taste in Viet music. =) Oh, and some Khalil... cause he's awesome. Hehe. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! ...well after I organize all my music...my filing skills have improve since the job haha yes, some Khalil is a must and Misses you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sambal butter looks yummy! whats in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melt salted butter, add Sambal garlic chili paste and chopped scallions, simmer for like 2 minutes and you've got scallion sambal butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love chien bo..we call it nhung..i think thats how you spell it. this has to be one of my favorite food!easy to make too! i love it with nuoc mam..so delicious...drooling for some right now! ahahha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, we call it nhung too - haha Nhung Bo for butter or Nhung Nuoc when we do a soup base one, I used Chien Bo because that's what a lot of ppl are familiar with hehe. Yup, you can't mess up on this dish - just takes a lot of preparation depending on whats going in. Clean up after a hotpot with my family is a workout though. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mussels look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete