February 10, 2010

Celebrating My 24th

I turned 24 a few days ago. That's equivalent to the number of candles in a standard box of birthday candles! It also means that next year, I will need two boxes! I've been a little bummed because of this whole age thing, feeling like I'm not where I want be at this point in life. I'm at a standstill as time quickly passes me by and I've done nothing about it. Anyway, I'm hoping this year will be a good one. I'm going to start looking into some master programs. Sitting around doing the same'ol same'ol is not going to get me places. Hopefully, I'll be hitting the books in the fall. Be prepared to read my rants!

On Friday night, Lisa and the girls planned a dinner and a movie. We went to Kyoto Steakhouse in Royal Oak.



Artistic plate of sushi


A beating heart of fried rice for the birthday girl, is this a sign?? ^_^


Hibachi.


A cake from Shatila's much thanks to Lisa and Hangs. Can you guess what I wished for? Eternal youth =) haha Not, why would I waste a wish on something that won't come true and why would I tell you what I wished for? hehe If I did, it wouldn't come true

It was our first time at this restaurant and I don't think anyone enjoyed their food much =/ The soup was bland. Instead of the usually ginger salad dressing, our salad came with a white sauce that we couldn't make out what it was exactly. When we asked the waiter, he said he didn't know either. Hmm? hehe The hibachi was okay. I ate too much. I was so stuffed,the sight of the cake coming out made me exhale. Can I even squeeze in another bite? After dinner, we ended the night with Dear John.

Our Lunar New Year party was held on Sunday. Woke up at 8 in the morning to help mom and the sister cook.


The spread: Nem chua, banh u, banh cuon, banh bot loc, roasted quails, crab & quail egg soup, goi ngo sen, ga bop, rau cau, rau song, mussels baked in sambal & scallion butter, tuna sashimi, shrimp crackers, and thit heo & mam dua.


Not pictured - Pitas, sliders, chip & dip, and fresh cut fruit to eat while watching the game.



Nieces and Nephew


Tired... but must eat chips...Aaron's such a cutie!!


Vy's so pretty!


Happy Birthday to me! A small celebration with family. DQ's Strawberry Cheesequake. Also, Happy 8th Birthday Steven!!


"Chuc Mung Nam Moi" fruit cake from QQ Bakery for the older folks.


A homemade birthday card from Brandi =) If only all nieces were this great. One munchkin threatened to ruin my birthday after I told her to stop rolling in a chair. She's lucky I'm nice and I don't like making lil girls cry or else - game over!

Big Thanks to Phuongie for everything and thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Movie: Dear John was okay. Channing Tatum can't act and it was a little slow paced. I teared up for a good 30 seconds though.

Music: There's a few songs I'm listening to right now. Just recently discovered Khalil Fong from a niece and listening to some vietnamese based musicians.

- Nguyen Duc Cuong: Em Trong Mat Toi
- Pham Thanh Thao: Giac Mo Ve Mot Ngoi Nha
- Truong The Vinh: Hanh Phuc
- Lil Knight Ft. JayTee: Khong Tin Som Mai Binh Yen Remix (I usually do not listen to any kind of rap, most especially viet rap, but I like the vocals and beat)
- Khalil Fong: Is This Enough
- Khalil Fong: Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You (what a voice! Love Love Love!)


Books: Yet to touch The Eclipse since who knows when...


I'm gonna make the best of being 24!

4 comments:

  1. oh le! age is just a number.haha just embrace your youth right now. i feel old but we're gonna be 30 soon :/ well not me yet i got a longs way to go. but it'll go by fast. the older you get the faster time flies by.
    haha i could barely taste my food. so im all good :)
    oh my the food looks delicious!
    i agree channing tatum is not a good actor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you... and all the food that your awesome family use to feed me! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks 3HT!
    I agree Hang...when you're younger you want to grow up fast...when you get older...time passes too fast, u wish it would slow down. I'm just trying to get through 24 and you already talkin bout 30's (shivers at the thought) hehe Hope ur feeling better missy!
    Thu - wish you were here to eat so we wouldn't have so much leftovers!

    ReplyDelete